webmaster: Sven F. Crone
Centre for Forecasting
Lancaster LA1 4YF
eMail sven dot crone (at)
neural-forecasting dot com
|Neural Networks |
NN3 is a new forecasting competition for 2006-2007!
Please follow the link to the "Forecasting Competition for Neural Networks and Computational Intelligence".
- What is the performance (accuracy, robustness & resources) of NN in comparison to established forecasting methods?
- What are the current “best practice” methodologies utilised by researchers to model NN for time series forecasting?
- Feed forward Neural Networks
- Recurrent Neural Networks
- Fuzzy & Hybrid apporaches
- Decision & Regression Trees
- Support Vector Machines
- other methods from Computational Intelligence!
- Multiple empirical Time Series
- Complete set of 111 time series
- Reduced set of 11 time series
- Representative structures (long & short time series)
- Re-scaled observations for anonymity
- No domain knowledge
- Single origin
- 1 August 2006 - Release website
- 1 September 2006 - Publication of reduced dataset (11 time series)
- 1 October 2006 - Publication of complete dataset (111 time series, 90 additional series)
- May - Predictions submissions due
- June & July - publication of preliminary results at various conferences in USA, UK etc.
- August - submissions to full publications
For some additional, preliminary information please find selection of the kick-off meeting at the 2006 International Symposium on Forecasting, ISF'07, Santander, Spain.
... more information on August 1st, 2006!